Eligibility Criteria and Fees
To be eligible to become a Partner Agency of the Tarrant Area Food Bank, an organization must meet the criteria listed below.
If you are interested in joining TAFB’s network of Partner Agencies, please review our criteria and then fill out our Prospective TAFB Partner Agency Form.
- Currently qualifies as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with tax-exempt status by the IRS or meets the IRS criteria for a church
- Is located and provides services within the 13-county area served by Tarrant Area Food Bank. Counties served: Tarrant, Bosque, Cooke, Denton, Erath, Hamilton, Hill, Hood, Johnson, Palo Pinto, Parker, Somervell and Wise
- Has provided for the needy for a minimum of six months
- Does not sell the products nor use the products to raise money for the organization
Treatment of Recipients
- Distributes or provides food on the basis of need, emergency or illness
- Does not require individuals to exchange money or services for food
- Does not exclude individuals from assistance based on race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability or political affiliations
- Does not require attendance at any religious or political meeting before receiving assistance
- For pantry service, has adequate and secure storage facilities
- If preparing meals, can provide up-to-date health permits and inspection records and has proper, adequate and secure storage and food preparation facilities
Financial and Administrative Capabilities
- Has the capability to meet their financial obligations including shared maintenance fee and/or co-op purchasing
- Has the administrative capability to maintain proper record-keeping and to submit monthly reports to Tarrant Area Food Bank
To inquire about becoming a partner in the Tarrant Area Food Bank Network, please email Agency Relations.
Tarrant Area Food Bank is an equal opportunity provider. Read USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.