September is Hunger Action Month
For so many people, hunger is a daily struggle. In fact, one in six people in North Texas don’t know where their next meal will come from. You can help. Take action during Hunger Action Month.
Join Tarrant Area Food Bank, Feeding America and food banks across the country in this effort to fight hunger.
Download our Hunger Action Month 30 Ways in 30 Days calendar and post it at home or in your office.
Hunger Action Month Events
- Sept. 1 – Learn about our work to grow food for hungry families and how you can get involved. Join us for a tour of the TAFB Learning Garden. Register now.
- Sept. 6-9 – Instagram contest. Local businesses have joined with TAFB to raise awareness about the issue of hunger this September. Follow us on Instagram @TarrantAreaFoodBank to find out the contest rules. You’ll have a chance to win some amazing prizes from Alchemy Pops | Bentley’s | CycleBar | Halo del Santo | Hair Stylist Regina Edge | Local Revere | Loft22 Cakes | Wag Canine Emporium | The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel | Tarrant Area Food Bank.
- Sept. 7-13 – North Texas Giving Day is Thursday, Sept. 14, but you can set up your donation in advance. Visit our North Texas Giving Day profile in the week leading up to the event to schedule your gift.
- Sept. 13, 5-7 p.m. – Join us at Rahr & Sons Brewing Company, 701 Galveston Ave, Fort Worth, for a special TAFB event! Bring three canned goods to the event and receive $1 off your admission ticket for the brewery tour and tasting. You’ll also take home a custom Hunger Action Month pint glass.
- Sept. 14 – North Texas Giving Day! Rally with us in Sundance Square Plaza from 8-9 a.m. to kickstart the day and donate to Tarrant Area Food Bank on the North Texas Giving Day website. Every gift you give supports our vision of communities where no one has to go hungry.
- Sept. 16, 5:30 p.m.: Stop by The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel, 200 Main St., Fort Worth for a special cocktail during Discovery Hour. Afterward, enjoy a chef-crafted appetizer full of local flavors. Proceeds benefit TAFB.
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Help us close out the month by riding with us at Gear Up to End Hunger. Register now.
- Volunteer with one of our programs. Check out all our opportunities.
- Start a food drive or virtual food drive. We offer tips and tools to help you along the way!
- Drop off food drive donations at BB&T branches in DFW. Find a location near you.
- Grab a burger at M&O Station Grill and give to TAFB at the register. The restaurant is located at 200 Carroll St. in Fort Worth.
- Center for the Healing Arts is donating 10 percent of every session fee for their Life Vessel treatment to TAFB.
- MillerCoors will donate 50 cents for every case of Miller Lite purchased with the Dallas Cowboys logo. You can find the cases at any DFW Kroger store. Funds go to Tarrant Area Food Bank and North Texas Food Bank.
September Declared Hunger Action Month
Thank you to local city and county governments for declaring September as Hunger Action Month. View the proclamation.
Follow the Conversation
Locations across North Texas
This year’s Hunger Action Month theme is focused on the universal feeling of an empty stomach. So many children, families and seniors across our 13-county area wake up to empty shelves and go to bed with rumbling stomachs. With your help, we’re changing that. You make the nutritious food we provide to hungry North Texans possible.
Please help us spread the word about Hunger Action Month. Invite your friends and family to join you for one of our September events.
Thanks for supporting Tarrant Area Food Bank this Hunger Action Month and beyond.
Hunger Action Month is made possible with the help of these amazing local businesses:
- Alchemy Pops
- Avoca Coffee
- Center for the Healing Arts
- FTW Kickball
- Hair Stylist Regina Edge
- Halo del Santo
- Local Revere
- Loft22 Cakes
- Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop
- M&O Station Grill
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Company
- Wag Canine Emporium
- The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel