Everyone in the family will enjoy this cool, fruity dessert. Enjoy in moderation, as with all sweet treats.
- 1 can (20-ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11-ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 banana
- 1-1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- Wipe off tops of cans.
- Drain off liquid from cans of pineapple and oranges.
- Peel and slice banana. Wash grapes and if desired, slice in half.
- Combine fruit with marshmallows and coconut.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Cover and chill.
Smart Shopping Tips:
- Watch the sugar content of canned fruit. Avoid cans with “syrup” on the label. Instead, look for fruit packed in 100% juice.
- Fresh pineapple may be used instead of canned. Ripe pineapple will smell sweet at the stem end and have a yellow color. It should have green, healthy leaves and be firm yet give slightly when squeezed.
- Top with chopped, toasted pecans for a nutty crunch.
- Any fresh fruit can be used. Try chunks of melon or berries.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry, strawberry or sprig of mint.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 150kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 30mgPotassium: 282mgFiber: 2gSugar: 26gCalcium: 40mgIron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!