This quick, refreshing smoothie makes a satisfying part of breakfast or any time of day! Add in your favorite fruits for a variety of flavors.
- 2 cups papaya chunks (frozen or fresh)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Put the lid on tightly. Turn the blender to a medium setting and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
Smart Shopping Tips
- When buying fresh papaya, look for those that are partly or completely yellow in color.
- Fruit such as berries and papaya can be bought frozen and stored for later use.
- Look for bananas that have brown spots on the peel. These will be very ripe and make the smoothie taste sweeter.
- Instead of yogurt, use 1 cup of low-fat milk or a milk substitute such as soy, rice, almond or coconut.
- Strawberries, blueberries or raspberries can be used in addition to or instead of papaya.
- Ice may not be necessary if using frozen fruit. Experiment to find the thickness you prefer.
- If smoothie is too thick, add small amounts of water, juice or milk.
- To use fresh papaya, cut fruit in half lengthwise and scoop out the black seeds with a spoon. Use a sharp knife to cut skin away from fruit or scoop out with a spoon. Chop fruit to desired size.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 6gFat: 1.5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 20mgPotassium: 376mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gCalcium: 60mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!