Fruit and protein are a great combination to give you a morning energy boost. Eat this along with some toast and peanut butter for a long-lasting breakfast, or as a late morning snack.
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple, chunks or tidbits (packed in 100% juice)
- 1/4 cup frozen berries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- In a glass or bowl, layer yogurt, pineapple, berries and banana.
- Top with raisins and serve.
Smart Shopping Tips
- Save money on produce by buying in season when you can. Look for “Manager’s Specials” on fresh produce and other items that need to be used quickly. Frozen is often a great buy, too.
- Instead of the single-serving cups of yogurt, try buying a large tub for savings per serving. Plain, unflavored yogurt can be used for sauces and marinades, or add your own fruit and a touch of honey or maple syrup for a sweet alternative to sugary snacks.
- Use any of your favorite fruit in this recipe. Try melons, apples and more!
- For a heartier option, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts or a 1/4 cup of granola.
Serving: 1parfaitCalories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 5gSodium: 60mgPotassium: 705mgFiber: 4gSugar: 31gCalcium: 150mgIron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!