Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
Cheese Stuffed Potoatoes
What’s better than cheesy potatoes? Cheesy potatoes that are low in fat and calories! Full of essential vitamins and minerals, this is a hearty and healthy recipe that will keep you full for hours.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, trim and chop green onions. Scrub potatoes.
- Pierce potato skins with a fork several times. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the inside of each potato. Leave about 1/4-1/2 inch of potato next to the skin. Save the inside part of each potato in a small bowl.
- Combine the cheese, milk and onion in another small bowl and add the insides of the potatoes. Mix with a fork until light and fluffy.
- Add mixture to each potato half, distributing evenly.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to heat.
Smart Shopping Tips
- Look for clean, smooth and firm-textured potatoes.
- Avoid potatoes that have cuts, bruises or a green color.
- Purchasing potatoes in bags is usually cheaper than buying them individually, but only if your family will eat them in a couple of weeks.
- Store potatoes in a cool, dry and dark location to prevent sprouting.
- Do not wash potatoes before storing as it can cause early spoilage.
- Mix in other favorite veggies, such as chopped broccoli and chives.
- Add 2 tablespoons fat-free, plain Greek yogurt to potato as a substitute for sour cream.
- Add a variety of spices including garlic, oregano and parsley for enhanced flavor.
Serving: 2halvesCalories: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 69gProtein: 15gFat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 250mgPotassium: 1645mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gCalcium: 80mgIron: 3.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!