This chicken salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and fruit, giving it a crisp texture and sweet flavor. Greek yogurt is used in place of mayonnaise making it low in fat and higher in protein and calcium.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast
- 4 ribs celery
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 cup grapes (any seedless variety)
- 1 apple
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Smart Shopping Tips:
- Canned chicken is a great staple to have in your pantry. Use two 12.5 ounce cans for this recipe. It is an inexpensive option to use when making chicken salad.
- Cooked grilled chicken is also available frozen. Use within 6 months.
- Chicken salad is great for using up leftover chicken or turkey so that it does not go to waste.
- This recipe can be eaten by itself or with whole grain crackers or pita chips.
- Make a chicken salad sandwich on toasted wheat bread, bagel or pita with lettuce and tomato.
- Substitute tofu for chicken to create a vegetarian version.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast may be used. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Cool and chop into small pieces.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 19gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 50mgPotassium: 376mgFiber: 0.8gSugar: 5gCalcium: 40mgIron: 0.35mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!