This savory casserole is a homey, comforting side dish for any meal. You could add some meat to make a main dish that will please the whole family!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (15-ounce) cream style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add corn, chopped onion, sugar, black pepper and half of the bread crumbs.
- Stir and place into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or util set.
Smart Shopping Tips
- Store brands of canned vegetables are cheaper than name brands.
- You could use any type of onion in this recipe. Place unused, chopped onion in a plastic bag and refrigerate for use later that week.
- For a main dish, add 1 cup cooked chicken or lean ground beef.
- For a spicy variation, add a small can of green chilies.
- Use leftover cornbread or croutons for crumbs.
- Top with a little cheese if desired.
- Chopped onions can be frozen for later use in cooked dishes. Place in freezer-safe bags or containers and mark with the date. Use within 4 months for best quality.
Serving: 0.75cupCalories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 7gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 580mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 100IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!