Crunchy Berry Parfait
A perfect breakfast for when there is no time to cook! This simple and tasty parfait will help you get your day off to a healthy start, even when you’re on the go. Make your parfait the night before so fruit can thaw, and top it off when you’re ready to go!
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen berries (or cut-up fruit)
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola (or crunchy cereal)
- Spoon yogurt into glass or cup.
- Top with thawed fruit and granola.
Smart Shopping Tips
- Yogurt varies in sugar content. Read labels and choose those with the least amount of added sugar. All milk products contain the natural sugar, lactose.
- Frozen berries are often cheaper than fresh, especially when berries are not in season. Fresh berries can be frozen for later use.
- Thaw frozen berries in the refrigerator before using in the parfait.
- Top yogurt with any crunchy cereal or 1/4 cup nuts.
- Use dried fruit instead of fresh. Decrease amount from 1/2 to 1/4 cup, as dried fruit is more concentrated in calories and sugar content.
- Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Use any cut-up seasonal fruit, such as apples or peaches.