Indulge in this decadent and sweet treat; it is the perfect healthy snack or quick breakfast on the go. Whole grain goodness full of tart raisins, nutty peanut butter, and a tropical twist of coconut.
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub and grate carrots.
- Put honey and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Cook on low heat until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and turn off burner. Add oatmeal, raisins, carrots and coconut. Stir well.
- Allow the mixture to cool until safe to the touch.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool. Cut into 24 bars.