Oven-roasted potatoes are a great alternative to french fries and go well with any dish. Experiment with your favorite herbs and seasonings to find the perfect flavor.
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with foil.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add oil, rosemary and salt. Toss to evenly coat potatoes.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes and turn potatoes over. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown.
Smart Shopping Tips:
- Potatoes are great for buying in bulk because they can be stored for several weeks.
- For the longest shelf life, store potatoes in a paper bag in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
- Do not store potatoes with onions. Onions give off a gas that will cause potatoes to sprout.
- Add other root vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots or beets for added color and flavor.
- Refrigerate leftovers and use in a cold potato salad.
- Use about 1/4 teaspoon of dry rosemary in place of fresh. Try other herbs such as parsley or dill. Add garlic or onion powder for extra flavor.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
Serving: 0.5cupCalories: 70kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 1.5gSodium: 100mgPotassium: 376mgFiber: 0.8gIron: 0.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!