Strawberry Yogurt Pops
Try this cool, fruity treat on a warm day. It’s a simple, healthy snack that you can feel good about. Kids will enjoy making and eating these healthy pops!
- 1 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt
- 6 large strawberries
- 4 paper cups
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Cut strawberries into small pieces.
- Mix fruit and yogurt.
- Divide mixture into 4 small paper cups and add the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze and enjoy!
Smart Shopping Tips
- Fresh strawberries may not always be available, but they can be purchased frozen year-round.
- Select strawberries that are a deep, bright red and shiny with tight green caps. Shape and size doesn’t affect flavor. Reject packages with mold.
- Store berries unwashed in the original package in the refrigerator and use as soon as possible. Make sure there is good air circulation around them to discourage mold.
- Buy berries in season and freeze what you don’t use right away. Wash berries and pat dry, then place in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze. When completely frozen, place berries in a freezer-safe bag or container and mark with the date. Use within a year for best quality.
- Frozen berries of any variety can be used instead of fresh in this recipe. Frozen fruit offers the same nutrition as fresh but the texture will be different.
- Ice cube trays can be used instead of paper cups, using cut paper straws or pretzel sticks instead of popsicle sticks.