So easy, so tasty! This quesadilla can be cooked quickly in the microwave or on the stove. Serve with a fresh salad and an apple for a complete meal.
- 1 can (12-ounces) tuna, packed in water
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded Mexican cheese
- Wipe off top of tuna can and drain.
- Mix tuna with mayonnaise.
- Place the mixture onto one half of each tortilla. Top mixture with the cheese.
- Fold each tortilla in half and microwave for about 1 minute.
- To cook on the stove, fold each tortilla in half and place in a hot skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook until brown on one side, flip and brown on the other side.
Smart Shopping Tips
- Tuna may contain some levels of mercury, which is of concern for pregnant and nursing women. Two or three 4-ounce servings per week of light tuna is acceptable. Albacore has more mercury, so limit consumption to one 4-ounce serving per week.
- Tuna packed in water has less calories than tuna packed in oil.
- If you are concerned about sustainability, “pole and line” and “trolling” are the two highest-rated fishing methods.
- Mix equal parts salsa and nonfat Greek yogurt for a tangy dipping sauce.
- Ranch dressing can be used in place of mayonnaise.
- Add anything you like to your quesadilla. Try adding vegetables like cooked spinach and sautéed onions.
- This recipe is also good with chicken. Imitation crab (also called surimi) can be used in place of tuna.
Serving: 1quesadillaCalories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 21gFat: 4.5gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 610mgPotassium: 282mgFiber: 5gSugar: 0.5gCalcium: 80mgIron: 3.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!