3 Ways to Give Back on Giving Tuesday
You know the holiday season has arrived when every other radio station is playing their version of “Jingle Bells.” Somewhere between that second helping of stuffing and wrapping that new tie for dad is a day focused on giving back. Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving that takes place each year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Whether you give your time, money or spread the word about our mission, you can make a difference. Every way you give helps people facing hunger in our community.
As a food bank, we are able to stretch every dollar you give to equal five nutritious meals. That means a $20 donation helps provide 100 meals to people struggling to make ends meet.
- Visit our Donate page to make a gift to Tarrant Area Food Bank. Every gift helps.
- Start a virtual food drive at teamtafb.org. Create your own fundraising page to raise support for TAFB. This is a great way to get friends and family involved.
In 2016, volunteers donated 68,000 hours of their time at TAFB. Volunteers are vital to the work we do. With their help we are able to provide access to 500,000 meals each week. Here are some ways you can help. Visit our Volunteer page to sign up today.
- Quality Control: Sort, inspect and pack food donations for distribution to our partner nonprofits in 13 counties.
- Offsite Food Distribution: Help families select nutritious food at one of our Mobile Pantries or partner food pantries.
- Community Garden: From planting and harvesting to pulling up weeds, you can help TAFB’s gardens thrive. Fresh fruits and vegetables from these gardens make it to the dinner tables of hungry North Texans.
- Cooking Matters: Teach families how to eat healthy on a budget as an instructor or assistant for our Cooking Matters program.
Share Your Voice
Spread the word about our vision of communities where no one has to go hungry. You can be a social ambassador for Tarrant Area Food Bank by sharing our posts. When you share our posts with your friends and family, you help raise awareness about the work we do.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Like, comment and share our posts.
- Leave a review on our Facebook page or on Google
This holiday season, we’re thankful for friends in the community like you. No matter how you’re celebrating, we appreciate your support this Giving Tuesday and beyond.