Broccoli and Potato Soup Recipe
This broccoli and potato soup is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes. Creamy and satisfying, top with your favorite cheese for the crowning touch!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups
4 cups chopped broccoli
1 small onion
4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup evaporated skim milk
1 cup mashed potatoes
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Chop onion.
2. Combine broccoli, onion and broth in large sauce pan.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add milk to soup. Slowly stir in potatoes.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
7. Season with salt and pepper; stir in a little more milk or water if soup starts to become too thick.
8. Ladle into serving bowls.
9. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon cheese over each serving.
Recipe courtesy of USDA Mixing Bowl