Help with Food This Holiday Season
Tarrant Area Food Bank works with an amazing network of food assistance partners across North Texas. Through their efforts we are able to make sure that children, families and seniors in our community don’t go hungry. If you or a loved one need help with food, here are some opportunities to receive assistance ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday and on Thanksgiving Day.
Saturday, Nov. 18
Pick up fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, protein and more at the locations below.
Fort Worth Mobile Pantry Stops:
- 9-11 a.m. – Specialty Engine Parts, 5704 Azle Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76114 (Map It)
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Galatian Baptist Church, 4140 Burke Road, Fort Worth, TX 76119 (Map It)
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Kingdom Manifesters Church, 2401 McCurdy St., Fort Worth, TX 76104 (Map It)
Hill County and Johnson County Mobile Pantry Stops:
- 9-11:30 a.m. – Maypearl Fire Station, 750 N. Main St., Maypearl, TX 76064 (Map It)
- 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. – Second Missionary Baptist, 120 West Marrion St., Itasca, TX 76055 (Map It)
- 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Believers Christian Cathedral, 220 Duncan St., Hillsboro, TX 76645 (Map It)
- 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. – Hubbard Community Center, 501 Davis St., Hubbard, TX 76648 (Map It)
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23
Christian Center of Fort Worth will serve a meal at 11 a.m. Afterward, they will give away groceries, coats and blankets. The event is open to everyone. Address: 4301 NE 28th St., Fort Worth, TX 76117 (Map It)
In addition to the opportunities above, visit our Find Food map to find pantries near you. Simply put in your address, and the map will pull up a list of local agencies. Be sure to call your pantry in advance to confirm business hours. Our Social Services team is also ready to help you apply for for food aid (including SNAP), financial assistance or healthcare. Fill out our contact form and one of our team members will get in touch with you.
We wish you and your family a healthy and happy holiday season.