One-of-a-kind art, unique to our local scene, unforgettable gourmet bites that you’ll talk about for days, and putting meals on the plates of those in need – THIS IS Empty Bowls benefiting Tarrant Area Food Bank. If you’ve never been to our signature fundraising event before, we have five helpful tips for you to ensure you’ll have the time of your life the first time you attend.
Top Five Tips:
1. Purchase your tickets early and online before you go! All ticket options can be purchased through our website or on Facebook now through Monday, April 29 at noon. The price for general admission increases from $65 to $75 if you wait to purchase tickets at the door the day of the event.
2. Purchase Individual VIP tickets for you and your friends! Avoid the crowd when Empty Bowls opens to General Admission ticket holders at 11 a.m. the day of the event by securing Individual VIP tickets. With VIP tickets you can enter the event 30 minutes early, have access to reserved seating, and select a handcrafted Studio bowl as well as have more time to enjoy tastings from local chefs and restaurants.
3. Meet and mingle with Dallas/Fort Worth’s favorite artisans! Live glass blowing and wood turning demonstrations will also take place during the event. Catch this short video of Empty Bowls Artist Chair Janet Rodriguez as she shows you how to throw a ceramic bowl.
4. There are prizes! Be sure to enter our raffle for three amazing prizes including a University Parks Village shopping spree, TCU football season tickets and a Fort Worth Stockyards entertainment package. Individual raffle tickets are $10 each or purchase a bundle of three for $25.
5. Browse our Silent Auction and Pop-Up Shop to purchase amazing pieces of art beyond the vast variety of bowls showcased at the event.
It’s Fun to Help Others
One in six people struggle with the issue of hunger. It’s so easy to place food on the tables of those in need. When you purchase your $65 general admission ticket, you can provide 325 nutritious meals to hungry North Texans. And with every $150 Individual VIP ticket purchased 750 meals will go to those in need. So, why wait? Get your Empty Bowls tickets through our website or Empty Bowls Facebook event today!
By Becky Volk
Social Media Specialist, Tarrant Area Food Bank