Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
Participants Rights & Responsibilities
Using Farmers Market Nutrition Program Vouchers:
- Each voucher is worth $6.00 of produce at a Texas Department of Agriculture certified farmers’ market. Vouchers may be redeemed for eligible produce by farmers displaying an FMNP poster. No cash change may be given. You may redeem your vouchers at Cowtown Farmers Market: 8901 Clifford St., Ft. Worth, TX 76108.
- A proxy (authorized representative) may be assigned, in writing, to redeem vouchers at the farmers markets. I understand that the food provided by this program is intended for the participants for whom they are prescribed.
- I have been advised of my rights and obligations under the program. If I think I have been unfairly treated as a program participant, I may request a fair hearing through the Texas Department of Agriculture. The request for a hearing must be in writing and mailed or faxed to: Texas Department of Agriculture Legal Division, Attn: Docket Clerk P.O. Box 12847, Austin, TX 78711 Fax: (800) 909-8530
- As a participant of FMNP, you have the right to complain about improper farmer/farmers’ market practices regarding FMNP responsibilities. The Food & Nutrition (F&N) Complaint Link is provided in English and Spanish at https://squaremeals.org/About/ContactFoodandNutrition.aspxfor persons wishing to file a complaint with F&N at the Texas Department of Agriculture. For assistance with the complaint process, or if you do not have access to an electronic device to submit your complaint, please call (833) 862-7499 and someone will assist you.
- As a participant of FMNP, you have the right to a fair hearing – TDA will provide fair hearings for program participants, farmers, and farmers market associations. See Item 8400 in the Farmers Market Nutrition Handbook, located at www.squremeals.org, Appeal Procedures for instructions on requesting a hearing, also known as an “appeal.” A participant may appeal disqualification or suspension of FMNP benefits.
- It is illegal to participate in FMNP with more than one program. Once enrolled with Tarrant Area Food Bank, you may not receive benefits from another entity. You may also only receive your benefits one time a year.