Recipe: Peter Pumpkin Squares – Simple and Easy
Indulge in this cinnamon-spiced pumpkin dessert recipe. A healthy way to warm you up during the fall. It is a simple and easy to make recipe that is also a delectable slice of sweet heaven.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 24 bars
Serving Size: 1 bar
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs and oil. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- Spray a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 24 bars.
Recipe provided by: Children’s Favorites Cookbook, SNAP-Ed USDA