Turkey Cranberry Salad
This is a simple, quick and healthy way to enjoy your leftover turkey. Tangy cranberries and crunchy nuts bring more texture and nutrition to this refreshing salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Wash lettuce and pat dry. Roughly chop.
Toss turkey, cranberries and almonds with vinaigrette dressing.
Serve turkey mixture on chopped lettuce.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- Select romaine lettuce heads that are firm and heavy for their size with tightly closed leaves. The outer leaves should be crisp and dark green with no signs of a rusty or brown color. Avoid heads with wilted leaves.
- Refrigerate lettuce unwashed or washed in a plastic bag in the crisper drawer. Unwashed lettuce will keep for 7 to 10 days and washed lettuce for 3 to 5 days. Dry before storing as extra moisture will speed up spoilage.
- Dried cherries may be substituted for cranberries. Chicken may be substitute for turkey.
- Try using toasted pecans instead of almonds.
- Baby spinach or any dark greens will work well for this salad.
- Place dressing on salad right before serving as it will cause the lettuce to wilt.