Lemon Velvet Supreme
If you like pudding, you will love this dessert! This tasty treat is made healthier by starting with yogurt and adding a little bit of instant pudding mix for flavor and texture. Mandarin oranges top this recipe, but you can use any fruit that you prefer.
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 whole graham crackers
- 1 can (4-ounce) mandarin oranges
Wipe off tops of mandarin orange can before opening and drain oranges.
In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and pudding mix.
Place graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Cover bottom of a serving dish with crushed graham crackers.
Pour yogurt mixture over graham cracker crust. Top with mandarin oranges.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- Buying yogurt in large tubs is much cheaper than individual serving snack containers.
- Make your own yogurt snacks by buying a large tub of plain or vanilla yogurt and portioning it out into reusable plastic containers at home. Add fresh fruit or granola for flavor.
- Flavored yogurt can contain a great deal of sugar. Compare labels for a better choice.
- Top with any fruit that you prefer. Other options include pineapple chunks, sliced bananas, kiwi, mango or peaches.
- Use plain yogurt to cut down on the sugar content. If needed, stir in a little bit of honey, but no more than 1 tablespoon.
- Make individual portions by coating the bottoms of small bowls with the graham cracker crust and topping with yogurt and fruit.