Green Beans and New Potatoes
Frozen green beans and potatoes are boiled in a pot with onion and salt to make an easy side dish for dinner.
- 1 (12-ounces) bag frozen green beans
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Wash potatoes and onion. Cut potatoes into large chunks. Chop onion.
Add all ingredients to a large stock pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat.
Simmer until green beans and potatoes are tender.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- Frozen fruits and vegetable are always in season and often a very good deal. Picked at the peak of flavor and flash frozen, the nutrition content easily rivals fresh, too.
- This dish could also be made with fresh green beans if preferred.
- Add a clove of garlic for more flavor.
- For a flavor boost, try drizzling a light vinaigrette you might have on hand. If you don’t have one, try making one with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice, and 1/2 a cup of olive or canola oil. Add any other herbs you enjoy.