Cocoa Berry Tarts
Enjoy this cool, fruity dessert which will satisfy your chocolate craving without guilt!
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 graham cracker tart shells
- 3/4 cup strawberries
Wash strawberries and remove green cap. Slice.
Mix yogurt, ricotta, sugar and cocoa powder thoroughly with a whisk until creamy.
Spoon 1/6 mixture into each tart shell and top with sliced strawberries.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- Strawberries should be sorted and washed before use. Discard shriveled, mushy or discolored berries.
- Cocoa powder provides intense chocolate flavor with very little fat or sugar. Find it in the aisle with flour and baking products.
- Try adding 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the yogurt mixture.
- Top strawberries with a little granola or chopped toasted pecans.
- Experiment with other fruit such as banana, kiwi or berries.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Leftover ricotta cheese can be used in lasagna filling.
- Cocoa powder should be stored in a cool, dark place and should keep for several years.