Simply delicious! Grilling fruit caramelizes the natural sugar and makes a quick, healthy dessert. Kids will love making their own “kabobs.”
- 1 large banana
- 1 large peach
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
Wash peach and peel if desired.
Remove pit and cut into large chunks.
Peel and cut banana into large chunks, about 2 inches in size.
On each skewer, place one chunk each of banana, peach and pineapple.
Grill or broil in the oven about 2-4 minutes per side until fruit is lightly browned.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- When buying fresh peaches, select those that have a slight “give” to the flesh and are not rock-hard or too mushy. A ripe peach will have a pleasing aroma.
- Peaches don’t need to be refrigerated unless you aren’t going to eat them right away. Refrigeration will slow the ripening process.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before using to keep them from burning.
- Use any seasonal fruit you like. Cubed melons and whole strawberries are other good fruit choices
- Peach halves can be put directly on the grill. Also try thick slices of melon or pineapple.
- For that member of your family with a sweet tooth, brush grilled kabobs lightly with honey or maple syrup mixed with a dash of cinnamon.