Pecan Blueberry Pancakes
These delicious blueberry pancakes have a delightful crunch. The toasted pecans on top add a rich nutty flavor to your breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cooking oil spray
Stir together all-purpose flour, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs and canola oil in a medium bowl.
Mix ingredients from both bowls together and stir until combined.
Use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake and cook on griddle or frying pan coated with cooking oil spray.
Flip pancakes until they are evenly cooked on both sides.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- Blueberries are in season from May through September but are available frozen year-round.
- Avoid purchasing blueberries that are soft, mushy or leaking. Look for those that are dark in color, plump, firm, uniform in size and free from stems or leaves.
- Pecans can be stored for up to 2 years in the freezer, up to 9 months in the refrigerator in an air-tight container, and up to 6 months in a cool, dry cupboard.
- Try toasting pecans before adding them to the batter. Toasted pecans are more flavorful and crunchy and are easier to chop.
- To toast pecans, spread them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant.
- Make twice as many pancakes as you plan on eating and freeze the leftovers. Reheat leftovers in the microwave for about 1 minute.