Fresh Fruit with Cinnamon Yogurt Dip
This is a cool, refreshing way to eat more fruit. Enjoy as an after school snack or anytime you need a little energy. Kids especially love to dip fruits and veggies into a tasty sauce.
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Wash the orange and apple.
Core and slice the apples. Slice banana into circles. Peel the orange and break it into sections.
Pour the orange juice into a small bowl. Dip the fruit pieces into the orange juice to prevent browning. Arrange fruit on a plate.
Mix the yogurt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Place the bowl of yogurt and cinnamon next to the fruit and use it as a dip.
Smart Shopping Tips
Cooking & Serving Tips:
- Some varieties of apples are quite expensive. Granny Smith and Golden Delicious apples are usually a good buy. Buying in bulk is a good value if they will all be used before they spoil.
- Other flavors of yogurt may be used, but watch out for added sugar. Read labels carefully.
- Instead of cinnamon, try an apple pie or pumpkin pie spice blend.
- Place cut-up fruit which has been dipped in orange juice in bags so it’s ready to go during the week.
- Strawberries or any cut-up fruit can be used.
- Apples should be stored away from vegetables as they can cause them to spoil faster.
- For maximum fiber, do not peel apples.