Sid W. Richardson Foundation Agricultural Hub:
Where Nutrition Meets Innovation
Public-private partnership designed to lead and solve a state-wide produce supply issue for food banks.
- Supported by TDA, Tarrant County, Fort Worth, Feeding America & Feeding Texas
- Self-funded enterprise after capital investment
Expand capacity to acquire and distribute food to address population growth.
- Increase access to produce across 13 county service area
- Continuous supply to higher varieties of quality produce, in and out of season
- Share excess with food banks across the region
Increases access to produce to improve nutrition, health, and other outcomes.
- Increase produce from 22% to 40% of total distribution
- Ensures nutritious produce for neighbors and families facing hunger
Supports Local Famers
- Equips TAFB with a local resource to expand partnerships with local and regional growers
- Provides local farmers with a local processing center
- Provides foundation for scaling-up local farms and community gardens